If you’re spending time and money to renovate your house, choosing which projects are worth it should be a top priority. You want to recoup some of your costs, don’t you?
Many upgrades could improve a property’s aesthetics or make it a better fit for your family. But not all projects will increase your home’s value — and those choices might affect how much your home sells for later on.
If you’re looking for remodeling projects that will get you a return on your investment, you may want to focus on these:
- Stone Veneer Exterior: This is the highest-ROI project you can take on. The average homeowner recoups nearly 96% of the total cost. Plus, it does wonders for your curb appeal.
- Wooden Deck: Want a great way to get more use out of your yard? This is the perfect place to start. A wood deck could add over $10,000 to your resale value.
- Metal Roofing: Replacing your shingled roof with metal may net you about 61% of your project cost back and add more than $24,000 to your home’s resale value. As a bonus, it could help lower your energy bill.
- New Garage Door: Upgrade your standard old garage door for a nicer model, like a wood or paneled one. In return, you might get a whopping 94.5% of your costs back — and improve your curb appeal to boot.
- Major Kitchen Remodel: Any amount of kitchen remodeling is good for your home’s value. But a major overhaul can add more than $40,000 to your future sales price.
Need help covering the costs of your next home improvement project? Get in touch to learn about refinancing, home equity loans and other options.
Jennifer Langhover - Highlands Residential Mortgage
4201 W New Hope Rd Ste 203
Rogers, AR 72758 USA